Station Info

About Paradise Weather Station





The station is powered by a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus. The data is collected every minute and the site is updated roughly every 10 seconds. This site and its data is collected using Weather Display Software.
The station is comprised of an anemometer, a rain gauge, thermo-hydro sensor, solar sensor, and uv sensor situated in optimal positions for highest accuracy possible.
Temperature and humidity sensors are enclosed in a solar-powered, 24-hour fan-aspirated radiation shield. Shield combines fan aspiration and passive shielding to minimize the effects of solar radiation.
The Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus went into service on April 12th 2011. From Feb. 23th 2004 until April 9th 2011 the station was powered by a Oregon Scientific WMR968 wireless (no longer available, discontinued by the manufacturer) and it's data was collected by Virtual Weather Station Software

About Paradise

The Paradise Ridge was originally inhabited by the Maidu Indians who lived here for perhaps 10,000 years before the arrival of white settlers.

To the north, roughly 5 miles is the town of Magalia (formerly, Butte Mills, Dogtown, and Mountain View). Originally established after the 1849 California Gold Rush as a mining camp, the town was first called Butte Mills. The post office opened in 1857, and was renamed to Magalia in 1861. A dog breeding operation started in 1850 which led to the place being called Dogtown.

On April 12, 1859, at the Willard Claim, a hydraulic mine in the Feather River Canyon northeast of the town, a 54-pound gold nugget was discovered, the largest gold nugget ever discovered in the world at the time. Dubbed the "Dogtown nugget", it made the town famous. However, the female residents preferred not to live in a place called "Dogtown", and in 1862, the name was changed to Magalia.

After the gold rush slowed, the Paradise area continued to thrive as an agricultural area and a stop over for weary stagecoach travelers to Susanville and Nevada. The 1880 census put the population at 301.

The name "Paradise" originated with an establishment called the Pair O' Dice Saloon. The first post office was established at Paradise in 1877; it closed for a time in 1911, but was re-established later that year, when the post office at Orloff was closed.

Orloff is a former settlement in Butte County, California. It was located 1.5 miles southwest of Paradise. A post office operated at Orloff from 1905 to 1911 when it was re-located to Paradise. Orloff was named for Orloff Miller, an early settler.

The town of Paradise is spread out on a wide ridge which rises between deep canyons on either side. These canyons are formed by the west branch of the Feather River to the east, and Butte Creek to the west. Elevations in the town range from around 1,500 to 2,300 feet, steadily increasing as one travels northwards.

About This Website

This site is a template design by CarterLake.org with PHP conversion by Saratoga-Weather.org.
Special thanks go to Kevin Reed at TNET Weather for his work on the original Carterlake templates, and his design for the common website PHP management.
Special thanks to Mike Challis of Long Beach WA for his wind-rose generator, Theme Switcher and CSS styling help with these templates.
Special thanks go to Ken True of Saratoga-Weather.org for the AJAX conditions display, dashboard and integration of the TNET Weather common PHP site design for this site.

Template is originally based on Designs by Haran.

You can find our weather also at the following: